Prepare to be amazed, friends! These peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-chip muffins (I know, a mouthful) are as healthy as muffins can get. They contain no flour so it’s naturally gluten-free, use natural sweeteners, barely has any sugar and are full of protein.
Best of all, they take less than 20 minutes to make including baking time. Possibly the easiest muffins of all time, and the simplest baking recipe I’ve shared thus far on the blog (another simple, healthy muffin recipe of mine is this one).
The richness of the peanut butter, bananas and sweetened naturally with honey and maple syrup gives it such a full, hearty taste while also feeling very light as there’s no flour.
They’re also perfect to bake with your little ones too, as it’s quick and there’s really no way to mess this one up, even if your little ones go over/under the ingredients a little bit. My son loves making these with me and the outcome it always great. Just make sure to not over mix the batter, have the baking soda amount correct and let it cool completely before serving.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes 12 muffins
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius, and grease a 12 piece muffin tray with olive oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, mash the bananas together and then add the eggs and peanut butter. Mix gently. Then add the maple syrup, honey, vanilla powder and baking soda. Mix gently again.
3. Once the batter is done, fold in the chocolate chip cookies. You want the texture to remain slightly thick and not too runny. (If it drips from your fingers, it’s too runny.)
4. Bake at 190 degrees celcius for 14 minutes. Leave to cool completely, around for 15 minutes before taking out and consuming. Enjoy!
If you’ve enjoyed this post, please share it on Pinterest:
P.S. Another super healthy muffin recipe: Blueberry Banana Muffins (Gluten-Free, Sugar Free and Paleo).